WYS Doctoral Internship
The WYS Doctoral Internship program is a leader in building expertise in child (community) psychology by providing sequential scientifically informed training opportunities for deliberate practice with real-time feedback. Interns develop extensive treatment and assessment options as well as mechanisms for continued evaluation and improvement of their services.
Evidence-Based Treatment: All interns will gain experience in one or more of the following evidence-based practices (EBP):
- Functional Family Therapy
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Training and supervised experience may also be available in the following evidence-based programs: Motivational Interviewing (MI), Integrated Treatment for Complex Trauma (ITCT), Trauma Focused CBT (TF-CBT), Incredible Years® (IY), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training.
Applications are due each year by November 1. With the exception of letters of recommendation, no materials will be reviewed late without prior permission and a clear rationale.
Complete the APPIC Application for Psychology Interns (AAPI) online. Instructions and registration information can be found here.
The AAPI Online application packet will include:
- Cover letter/letter of interest in our program
- Copy of all graduate transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Verification of Internship Eligibility and Readiness from your graduate program’s Director of Training
To have a complete application, you also will need to include one psychological testing report preferably on a child. Please remove all identifying information in the supplemental materials section of the AAPI online. Do not submit any application materials by mail.
Email Katie Devlin, PhD, Director of Training.
Our internship program is APA accredited and will be reviewed again in 2017. For further information, please feel free to contact the Committee on Accreditation (CoA) of the American Psychological Association (APA):
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242